- 2 lbs ground beef (grass fed My MN Farmer Burger sounds good to me)
- 1 can tomato sauce (or chopped tomatoes from your friendly local farmers)
- 2 cups kale or chard well chopped
- Two cloves garlic, diced or pressed
- One large onion, diced
- Green peppers (one or two large) diced
- Cheddar cheese to layer
- 12 corn tortillas
- Salt, pepper or other Mexican spices as you prefer
- Sour cream and salsa, if desired
Preheat oven to 375° F. Put a light coating of oil in 9×13 pan. Brown and drain ground beef. In a separate pan, sauté veggies until soft. Add ground beef and tomatoes to veggies.
Slice corn tortillas in ¾ inch slices. Layer meat mixture, tortillas and shredded cheese in 9×13 topping with a cheese layer. Bake until cheese is melted but not browned – 20-30 minutes, tops.
Serve with sour cream or salsa, if desired.
Thanks mom for the delicious, easy recipe.