Garlic Dill Refrigerator Pickles
- 2 lbs cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp pickling salt
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled (2 per jar)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper per jar (3/4 teaspoons total)
- 1 tsp dill seed per jar (3 teaspoons total)
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns per jar (1 1/2 teaspoons total)
Wash and slice the cucumbers. In a large saucepot, combine vinegar, water and salt.
Bring to a simmer.
Arrange jars on counter and dole out the spices to each. Pack the cucumber slices firmly into the jars. You don’t want to damage the cukes, but you do want them packed tight. Pour the brine into the jar, leaving approximately ½ inch headspace.
Tap jars gently on countertop to dislodge any trapped air bubbles. Apply lids and let jars cool.
When they’ve returned to room temperature, place jars in refrigerator. Let them sit for at least 48 hours before eating.
Note: Pickles may be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.